Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"You're WHAT???"

These were the first words out of my Mom's mouth when I told her 2 weeks ago that we are moving! Again! Poor Mom - she's getting too old. And her address book has no more room for new addresses for us.

So, that's our big news. We're moving from Maryland to Minneapolis! I accepted a new and exciting job offer from my current employer that takes us back to the Twin Cities. Since we lived there for many years (and it's where Joe and I met!), I am excited to be getting back. I think Minneapolis is such a great city with tons of stuff for us to do.

Max has been very contemplative about the thought of moving again. Today he spent some time out on the deck sorting through it all:
On the one hand, he has this great 1-acre area to run around and roll around in.....with alpacas to bark at! On the other hand, being an American Eskimo, the thought of sub-arctic winters and LOTS of snow is also very appealing. Grandma #1 (my Mom) is here on the East coast; Grandma #2 (Joe's Mom) is in Minnesota. So, he thinks.

He's clearly not looking forward to yet another cross-country car trip. The poor boy has been driven from Minneapolis to Phoenix, Phoenix to Maryland, and now from Maryland to Minneapolis. Spike is even more traveled, having gone from Maryland to Minneapolis, Minneapolis to Phoenix, Phoenix to Maryland and now back to Minneapolis.

We had to put the master bedroom/master bathroom remodeling project on the fast track these past few weeks, and have been so busy getting everything else else ready to get the house on the market.

We'll be in Maryland until we get an offer on the house; then we will move. Keep your fingers crossed that it happens sooner rather than later!

And if you want to buy a house, let us know!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time!

And winters have turned wimpy, it hardly ever gets below zero anymore, and we don't get the snow that we had when I was a kid (in the Ice Age). But they're still as gray and overcast and dreary as ever.

I hope you make it back in time for the State Fair (porkchops on a stick, mmmmmmm).

Have to do this anon as I have no idea at this time what my password is -sk

8:33 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

My all-tie favorite State Fair food is the pork chop on a stick. OMG it is sooooo good. I was thinking of this weekend. I wont to be back for that!

And RenFest! I hope we are back for that I don't think we will make RibFest, another favorite.

You're getting old if you can't remember passwords. Haha!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Wow, my typing is getting worse too. I think I am getting old as well....

8:49 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Congratulations on the new job - that's great! I bet you'll have buyers lining up for your house after all the wonderful work you've put into it.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

wow! And I thought the big secret was you were going to carpet the entire state of Maryland! Boy was I off on that one!

Best of luck in selling your home. Moving can be such a hassle but you seem very happy about where you're going, so that's great. Give Max and Spike and Kitty a hug for me!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Erika W. said...

Oh Jeff! All that work you did on the house! Whoever buys your house is going to fall in love instantly.

RenFest! We're hoping to go Labor Day weekend this year if everything works out.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi mebeth - thanks! Now let's hope someone will want this place! This market sucks right now. And I will never take on all these home improvement projects again! my gawd, the time and money we spent on all this is ridiculous.... Oh well, I hope whoever buys i really enjoys it :)

Hey Tree - if you recall from my efforts last year, i did try to fumigate the entire state of maryland. So i can see how you arrived at your guess. points for originality! haha. And my Mom came and took my babies away today!! No more Max, Spike or Kitty!! I miss them already!! Kinda...

Hi erika - yes, yes, it makes us sick! now the house actually looks decent! Mom always says "You always get your house just the way you want it and then you decide to move!". i think she is on to something....

7:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! (Better late then never, right?) LOL. I didn't realize you moved around so much. Since 2000 I've had 6 address. Definitely NOT something I'm boasting about.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home