Thursday, January 05, 2006

San Francisco

Last year, we got to travel alot to San Francisco for my work. We'd never been there before, but once we experienced it, we were hooked!

Whenever possible, we'd tack on an extra day or 2 to have some fun. Once, we rented bikes and rode across the big bridge from San Francisco to Sausalito. It sounded like a good idea, but once we got to the bridge, it was really cold, foggy and rainy, and we were not ready for that! And it's a lot further across than it looks!

But we had fun, and when we got to Sausalito, it was gorgeous. I loved how this low-hanging cloud engulfed the higher elevation:


We had to take a ferry back from Sausalito to San Francisco to return the bikes, and while we were waiting for the ferry to come from the other side, we noticed this guy with his dog getting set up on a bench:


When the ferry arrived and the people started getting off, he'd go into this routine with the dog, and get a good crowd gathered.

When he was done, he'd ask for donations. He seemed to do pretty well. Haha.

2 Comments:

Blogger MeBeth said...

I love San Francisco, but there's no way I could've biked across that bridge and up through Sausalito - it is HILLY (and I'm scared of bridges, I always have to walk my bike across the Brooklyn Bridge).

5:31 AM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

I was *not* an easy bike, which is not what I was expecting! I was thinking it would be a nice, liesurely ride - HA! How wrong....

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home