Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sights from DC!

Joe's sister and her husband are in town for a few days, so we did some touristy things in DC today.

First up - the Smithsonian Castle:
This was the original Smithsonian, and today houses the information center. It's really a beautiful building.

While we were in the Museum of Natural History, we came across this:
We're not exactly sure why it was there, but yes, it's a coffin. In the form of an airplane. According to the sign, Christmas wrapping paper was used to make the designs in the windows. Ok.....

We lunched at the Hard Rock Cafe:
Mediocre at best.

Here's a statue of General William T . Sherman.:Guess who that is hanging around with the soldier at the base.....!

And of course, the White House:
Probably working on some new sentence commutations inside or something.....

And finally, the Korean War Memorial:
All in all, a great time. Though I think Minneapolis is cleaner and more robust than DC. But I could be biased at this point :)

6 Comments:

Blogger MeBeth said...

That coffin is more than a little freaky - it definitely has the look of a science fair project gone awry!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

Is that coffin from Africa?

I LOVE DC :-) Except for the weather, it can be so humid and hot there.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Ed Tep said...

Jeff - Eeks. That coffin is a tad scary. Did you get a chance to goto the Spy museum?

1:33 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

You've been tagged by me for a meme! Check it out over at my blog if you have time.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi mebeth - it was freaky. Almost as odd as my french-fry ceramic coffin that I once posted. Um. Hmm.

Hey tree - as a matter of fact, it was in the Africa section. Can you shed any light? I am very curious. And you are right, it's sooo humid out here! I forgot how bad it can be.

Hiyas Ed! We didn't make the Spy Museum, but my cousin tells me it's a must see, so Joe and I are thinking of going back for our own little sightseeing. Have you been there?

Hi again, tree. OOOooo! I've never been tagged before - woo!! I will be right over :)

7:50 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

Hi again Jeff, I'd read about these unusual coffins that are made in Africa, it's mainly in Ghana, I think and is big with tourists. Here's one link I found, just scroll down the page a bit for info
http://us-africa.tripod.com/ghana.html

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home