Sunday, May 24, 2009

Today's Project

Project time! This area has bugged me since the snow melted.
Looked great when we moved in! But it didn't last long - after 2 winters, with all the contracting and expanding, these stone just break apart and are impossible to walk on in your bare feet.

So! Today was Fix It Day! Yesterday, we got a truckload of soil, several rolls of sod, and tackled this disaster.

After taking out most of the stones, we filled it in and raised it a bit (for drainage) with the soil:
After getting that all levels out and sloping the way we wanted it, we got it all filled in with the sod!
Instant Lawn - I love it! Water the daylights out of it for 2 weeks, and we should be good to go.

Next, repair that crappy area right in front of the new sod. Woo!


Post a Comment

<< Home