Sunday, January 08, 2006

Welcome!

With the sun shining and the temperature in the upper-70's, today was a good day to put out one of my Christmas presents:


- a Mickey Welcome sign!

I love Disney World in Orlando, and after I win the PowerBall, we are moving to Florida. Until then, I will have to be satisfied with going every couple of years.

For vacation this year, we're planning an East Coast Tour - Pittsburgh, to see my family, then off to Washington, DC for a few days, and then up to New York City for a week or so.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to see or do in either DC or New York City, feel free to post. We're also trying to figure out where to stay.

In DC, we'll probably stay outside DC, like Alexandria or Springfield, VA. We'd like to be close to a Metro station, since we don't plan on renting a car. I also have an extremely nice cousin who has offered to put us up and/or loan us a car, so we have that option too!

As for New York City, I've been there a few times when I lived in New Jersey, but I have no idea where to stay. I'm afraid to look at prices, but I know it will cost quite a bit :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Last time I was in NYC, it was on an expense account. Sorry, can't help you there.

I do have a favorite Italian restaurant in Little Italy, Il' Pilazzo I think is the name. Again, it's been a while.
Sounds like a fun vacation!

9:34 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

I'll definitely put my thinking cap on - hopefully I can come up with some reasonable hotels for you to check out!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

jj - thanks for the restaurant recommendation! Can never have too many food places on the list!

mebeth - thanks so much!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Love that sign Jeff! We went to Orlando in July to see my son who lives there. We only had time for one theme park and our youngest wanted to do Universal. So I have yet to go to Disney World.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Thanks, Patti! You definitely need to head back soon and spend some time at Disney World. And youre' welcome to take me as your personal tour guide - hee hee :)

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home