Sunday, March 19, 2006

"T" is For "Teambuilder"!

Friday was "teambuilder" day at the office. My boss had been trying for a year to get us out golfing, and finally we did it.

It was a nice day - mid-70's and sunny. 4 teams of 3 for a little "best ball" scramble. Our admin named the teams - mine was "The Yellow Birdies". I was team leader :)

So how did we do? Well, this is what I came home with:


Yes, first place. All thanks to my expert leadership, of course! I got a First Place certificate, a clock thingie, and a $25 gift card to any of several restaurant chains. In theory, I am supposed to rotate the clock amongst my team, but since both my teammates actually work for me, I am flexing my managerial muscle and keeping it all to myself! Mwuahahaha!

On the down side, I got a little sunburned. Oh well, small price to pay for getting out of the office (and out of work!) for a few hours.

3 Comments:

Blogger shopgirl said...

Congrats, Jeff! Sounds like you had fun.

So does this make up for that Saturday in January when you had to be at work at O'dark-thirty?

~ Shopgirl

6:35 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Nice prizes! It's been a long time since my golf game was good enough to allow me to play in front of others without endagering their lives.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi Shopgirl - it was actually fun, despite the pre-event dreads. BUt Nno, this does NOT make up for that gawd-awful early morning thing....they will be paying for that for years!

hiyas mebeth - to tell you the truth, my golf games sucked, but everyone else's *really* sucked. Hee hee. I did come awfully close to hitting a little prairie dog.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home