Sunday, March 19, 2006

"T" is For "Teambuilder"!

Friday was "teambuilder" day at the office. My boss had been trying for a year to get us out golfing, and finally we did it.

It was a nice day - mid-70's and sunny. 4 teams of 3 for a little "best ball" scramble. Our admin named the teams - mine was "The Yellow Birdies". I was team leader :)

So how did we do? Well, this is what I came home with:

Yes, first place. All thanks to my expert leadership, of course! I got a First Place certificate, a clock thingie, and a $25 gift card to any of several restaurant chains. In theory, I am supposed to rotate the clock amongst my team, but since both my teammates actually work for me, I am flexing my managerial muscle and keeping it all to myself! Mwuahahaha!

On the down side, I got a little sunburned. Oh well, small price to pay for getting out of the office (and out of work!) for a few hours.


Blogger shopgirl said...

Congrats, Jeff! Sounds like you had fun.

So does this make up for that Saturday in January when you had to be at work at O'dark-thirty?

~ Shopgirl

6:35 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Nice prizes! It's been a long time since my golf game was good enough to allow me to play in front of others without endagering their lives.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Jeff in MD said...

Hi Shopgirl - it was actually fun, despite the pre-event dreads. BUt Nno, this does NOT make up for that gawd-awful early morning thing....they will be paying for that for years!

hiyas mebeth - to tell you the truth, my golf games sucked, but everyone else's *really* sucked. Hee hee. I did come awfully close to hitting a little prairie dog.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home