Thursday, July 05, 2007

Something Else New

While Joe's sister and hubby were here, we decided to check out a winery in Leesburg. We'd never been to one before, so we weren't sure what to expect.

I was excited because they talked about exploring their wine cave! I think caves are cool, so I was really looking forward to that.

Unfortunately, it was not quite what I was expecting. Instead of walking deep into a cavern, we went down a small ramp to this "cave":
This was taken from about 5 steps into the "cave" from the winery front door. That's not a cave! Caves don't have garage doors! I want bats! And pitch black!

Oh well, they had nice wine kegs:
On the way out, we had Joe stop along side the road so we could at least say we saw some grape vines in up close:

Back to Minneapolis...when we were there last week, we checked out the new (to us at least) international market. Was interesting. It's also where we saw the guy with the pink flamingo bike and pink outfit. That was topped only by this:

Joe: Go ahead, guess what that is.
Jeff: Um. Fried pig intestines?
Joe: Nope.
Jeff: Fried turkey skin?
Joe: Huh-uh.
Jeff: Ok, I have to look.

...

Jeff: Oh my....well, I would not have guess that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tree said...

I'm almost afraid to ask...

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

You should be, tree..... would you believe Fried Beef Tongue?

12:57 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

Noooooooooo!!!

wait..how can a tongue be that big? never mind...

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home