Saturday, January 06, 2007

70 In January? In Maryland??

Um. Really? I believe it's actually warmer here today than it is in Phoenix. Good thing I got the snow plow all set up last month! Geez!

We took advantage of the nice weather to head out and about this morning. I love the folks that dress up and stand at busy intersections to attract business! Today we spotted the Chick-fil-A Cow:

I noticed that my friends the Alpacas seemd to be enjoying a lazy day in the sun as well:

Even ol' Spike took to the outdoors and enjoyed a nice little romp in the grass:


Spike, you look pretty darn good for a 16 year old dog! Good boy!

And of course, one can't go outside without the Master of the Estate....

HEY MAX!

YOU SMELL!
Bwuahahahaha! I love his little puppy dog scowl.

So. Global warming? Fluke? Sign of things to come? What's your theory on temps 30 degrees above normal in January? I also heard on the news that this is the first time since the 1880's that New York has not had snow this late into the winter season.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tree said...

LOL you're so funny, Jeff.

I do believe there is such a thing as global warming but I don't think this warm weather is part of that. Warm winters, cool summers, crazy storms, it's all just a part of weather cycles, I think.

10:50 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

We finally got a few flurries today in NY - hopefully this is a sign that winter is finally here.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

I've had your blog open for three days now, so I figured it's about time I left a comment.

What I want to know is this: Am I the only one who noticed that those poor alpacas are sitting in DIRT, while on your side of the fence there appears to be plenty of lush green grass? I say you need to either cut through the fence and let them in, or get yourself a flock of sheep! Or some free ranging chickens. . . : )

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home