Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Progress Report

So! How are we doing, you ask? Is the bedroom done yet?? Well, no. But we are making progress!

Tonight we took out the last of the old door frames, and NOW you can get an idea of what the room will look like when it's done:

The Master bedroom was 13 x 12, the closet was 7 x 2 1/2, and the bath is 7 x 6. The new master bedroom will be 20 x 12, roughly, with a 7 x 6 closet and a 7 x 12 bath.

The king bed will be moved to the other side of the room from where it is, and that area will house the new closet and expanded master bath.

I'm guessing I need to call an electrician very soon though....


The yellow note on the electrical box says "LIVE WIRE! Be Careful!", in case I forget....

As we plug away on this, we generally have at least one supervising pet present at all times. During this most recent work session, we managed to have 3 levels of supervision:

I am guessing they were more interested to see if I shocked myself than anything else.

Anyone have any tips on framing? I don't have a lot to do, but this will be our first time. I studied the walls very carefully before taking the circular saw to them...how hard could it be?

2 Comments:

Blogger MeBeth said...

Looks like it'll be a vast improvement (heh, sorry about the awful pun). Good thing you have all those supervisors keeping an eye on you.

10:23 AM  
Blogger _ ANEW _ said...

*
Hi JEFF!
Thank you very much for commenting on my sites question today :)

As for your home improvement, nice work so far! That new area is going to be SO NICE (the pets will love it too!)

Michael-From-The-Future!
QUESTION of the DAY!

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home