Friday, January 19, 2007

Getting to know the Attic

So! I took off work today so I could spend some time working on the master bedroom remodel. (*Side note - I could get used to 4-day work weeks....).

The first thing we accomplished was moving the bed to the other side of the room!

This is probably where it will end up after we are done.

I ended up spending most of the day removing those pesky 2x4s in the ceiling. This required an inordinant amount of time in the attic. I had to move insulation all around, put some plastic down, add some support studs, and finally, put up some drywall to cover the open areas. I got most of it done before I called it quits for the day:

This last 2x4 is being extremely difficult. I spent 15 minutes trying to get it out before giving up and saving that for another day.

You can see that I also built a temporary clothes holder thingie. I couldnt' stand all the clothes stuffed in the spare bedroom closet any longer, and rigged this up just to get some clothes actually back in the bedroom. The new closet will be in the area where the clothes are.

Spike was intrigued by what I was doing. And then fell asleep.

We are re-evaluating our final design. After we moved the bed, we put 2x4s down on the floor to lay out the area how we thought we wanted it. After doing that, westarted rethinking things, so we are going back to the drawing board to work out the actual final lay-out. The general plan is the same, but the location of the doors is under review.

3 Comments:

Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

What are you talking about? You only work 4 days, if that, even if you're in the office all week.

Not a good thing if you're rethinking designs in the middle of the project. Has your PM experience taught you nothing?

11:24 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

wow Jeff, things are really moving along. I admire your skills!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Oh shush you. I work smart.

I learned from my PM days that you start with something just to get funding and approval, and then CR it to death later to get what you really wanted. Behold the Correspondent CCG Prepayment Penalty Project!

Hi Tree! Thanks for stopping by. Don;t admire too much until we see if anyting actually goes back up! Demo is where it's at!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home