Sunday, January 14, 2007

We Have A Door!

So! We have a door! This weekend's goal was to complete the framing for the new wall area, and get the new door up. And, we did it!
It may not look like much, but it was a pain in the ass! The first time I got the door up, when I went to close it, it didn't shut. Grrrrr. So I had to take it down and re-do it. I got a little smarter the second time, but it was still more than challenging. I have a new-found respect for carpenters.

But we have a door!
And it closes!
Next steps: call the electrician to finish up the wiring (I have reached the end of my comfort level with re-wiring!), and get some drywall up on the walls. I'll tackle the ceiling after that. Then, Phase II - the new closet!

Meantime, while we were working our fingers to the bones, I discovered Fluffy (Max) on the couch! Coveting the remotes!

Gee, Max, I hope the hammering and sawing didn't distract you from your TV-watching! ><

4 Comments:

Blogger MeBeth said...

Congratulations on the door - your construction crew (Max) seems to be falling down on the job a bit though.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Great job!! Max looks like he's saying "ummm, quit bothering me"! LOL

4:44 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi mebeth - thanks! I'm very proud of this door! And yes, Max seems to have lost interest. He only comes in when there is a chance of me eletrocuting myself, or cutting off a finger. Otherwise, he's bored.

Hi Suzanne - thank you thank you! I think he actually was saying "Bring me some popcorn! Then leave me alone!".

7:48 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

I swear it's the most beautiful door I've ever seen!
Kenyon wants to know what some of Max's favorite shows are.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home