Thursday, January 25, 2007

Now There's A Classic!!!

While I was coming home tonight, I spotted one of these:Anyone recognize it?

It's a 1979 Ford Pinto! And if I am correct, the color is Chestnut Metallic!

How do I know? Because my very first car was a 1979 Chestnut Metallic Ford Pinto! Woo! This isn't actually my car - but I found the image on the 'net. Take away the striping, and you have my car!

I loved that car. Who cared about the rear-collision explosion potential? This car was hawt! And you know what else? We didn't have just one. We had TWO! We were a 2-Pinto family! My oldest brother Pat had one too, and it was that chic Baby Blue. And it had the full-glass rear window, versus the trunk mine had.

Since my parents bought it, I had to share this car with my middle brother for a year until he went away to college. Then it was all mine! Ha!

I kept that car until I moved to Maryland after graduating from college in 1985 and got my first job. Then I graduated to a 1985 Ford Ranger pickup. I was ridin' high....

What was your first car, and do you have fond memories of it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mine was a 1979 beige Honda Accord hatchback. It had a 'Honda-matic' transmission where you had to shift without a clutch 2 gears. Wow!!!! LOL. It was a hand-me-down from my dad. I think we had the car for over 10 years before it finally went kaput and the radiator flooded the inside passenger seat. :-)

12:22 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

1979 Cadillac Brougham - it was brown and about 8,000 miles long, seriously huge. Even the high school principal teased me. It retrospect it was awesome.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

oh my gosh! One of my cousins had a light green pinto just like this. My first car was an aqua blue 1969 Dodge Coronet 440. I could've lived in the trunk it was so huge! It had an AM radio and a push button on the floor for the brights and those little triangle windows that opened up with a handle. I loved that car.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hey Mike - Honda-matic transmission? How cool! I never heard of such a think. That Pinto ran like a gem until 1985 when it broke down on me on the PA Turnpike.

Hi Mebeth - OMG can you say BOAT?? Haha - I bet they all remembered you. Now that's a ride!

Hey Tree! OOoo, AM radio. My Pinto had that - I added my own FM & 8-track and some hawt (totally cheap!) speakers. I forgot about that push button on the floor for brights - Joe never heard of such a thing...kids!! :p

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home