Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wow, it's HUGE!

We made a little more progress on the Master Bedroom Project this weekend by removing the rest of the wall that made up the master bath. Now the room is HUGE!
We'll replace this little single vanity with a new 5-foot double vanity. Yay! Max continued his supervisory role and gave us 2-paws up after we finished:

What I really like is that now we will have a nice big window as part of the bathroom, which floods the room with natural light. And even better, when you leave the door open to the bathroom, it also brings in light to the bedroom. And, having windows on both sides of this room should allow for a nice breeze.

We also decided to take off this panel to see what was behind it - we're curious types.
As expected, it's got the plumbing stuff for the shower, and also had some A/C ducts. I also made this exciting find back there:
A plunger! Someone left a plunger back there!! Too funny.

So this got us to thinking - We plan to leave stuff in the walls to let someone find in the future. My first thought was to print offf all my blog posts as a scrapbook! Haha.

What should we leave in the walls?

6 Comments:

Blogger MeBeth said...

Max's pawprints? Before/after renovation photos? A really ugly vase that someone gave you long ago that you never found a use for?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Maybe we can just leave Max. Hahaha! :p

I like the idea of something we got that we don't use. I'l have to look around the house. Thanks for the idea, Mebeth!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

My neighbors found cigarette butts when they opened up their bathroom wall.

How about your work computer? "Sorry Bob, I can't find my computer so I guess I can't come to work today."

You need to make sure this doesn't turn in to a permanent furlough.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Ed Tep said...

Jeff - Didn't y'all bring a bottle of maple syrup shaped like Abe Lincoln with y'all to the East Coast? heh heh

2:13 AM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hey SK - maybe we can take up smoking so we can do that! Haha. Though anything to get out of work has major bonus points!! Unless Bob reads this - in which case I have to say how much I love my job! And my manager!

Ed - OMG that's the PERFECT idea! I think I am going to go with that. Hahahahahahahaa!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

that's going to be a great bathroom, Jeff. And Max is adorable as always. I think the maple syrup bottle would be really funny!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home