Friday, April 13, 2007

Back from Las Vegas!

Well, we came home today! Boo! Haha. We had a great time in Las Vegas - how oculd you not? Some of my favorite pictures are below.

It's not every day you see a giant motorcycle sticking out of a building (the Harley DAvidson Shop, of course!):

The weather was beautiful for the most part - sunny and mid-80s, so we spent quite a bit of our time outdoors walking around. Lots of pretty sights:
In all the times we've been to Las Vegas (ok, all 2, including this one), we had never seen an Elvis impersonator. Till this time!And as soon as he saw me taking pictures, he put up his hand to cover his face and said "Pictures for tips only!":
Yeah, whatever. Try and enforce that on a public sidewalk with thousands of people....and he didn't even look all that much like Elvis.

So I found my own free show elsewhere:
There is a ton of construction going on - too much. Seems like all the hotels are building and covering up the views of and from each other. The skyline is full of cranes, scaffolding and building shells.

This is the rubble pile from the old Stardust hotel that was imploded a few weeks ago:
And not far away, this was going up: The first of the 2 new Trump towers:I think we hit just about all the major hotels. The new Wynn hotel was by far the most elegant in my opinion. We didn't venture from the nickel-slots for gambling, which kept are losses quite low.

We took in the Blue Man Group show on Wednesday night. Good, but different. The audience reminded me of the cult-like audiences that follow the Rocky Horror Picture Show for some reason. If you have ever seen the show, fill me in on all the toilet paper. I didn't really get it. And I am not a big fan of audience participation - it's my greatest fear that they will grab me!

We flew jetBlue, and I'm pleased to report it wa a wonderful experience. Loved the individual TV monitor, the leather seats, and the extra leg room. No delays, right on time taking off and landing. I think we would definitely fly them again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I Love Vegas. Where did you stay?

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi Linda - we stayed at the Luxor this time. We really liked it. Last time we were there, we stayed at the MGM grand. Next time - the Wynn!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

I love the Hula show! I'm not much for gambling but the people watching is good, and there are enough other distractions too.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jeff, we are considering the MGM next time. We were at the Bellagio last time. THe Luxor looked really cool ~ we saw an Imax show there one of the days.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

I've never been to Las Vegas...looks interesting! Now I know just what to do if someone tries to take my photo, "no photo without a tip!" heh.

Have no idea about the toilet paper but I'm surprised the Blue Man Group has lasted this long. When it first appeared it was very different and cool, then like nearly everything else, it got commercial and co-opted.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home