Wednesday, March 28, 2007

More Pics from Minneapolis

Posting some pics from our trip to Des Moines via Minneapolis week before last. The Minneapolis skyline!
The tan building in the center is the former Norwest Tower, now the Wells Fargo tower.

From here we headed to Uptown:
...which has soooo many cool places to go....like this! I don't think I have ever had a Falafel, but I would try one just to go inside a store with a crown!

And they have a Penzey's! So we stocked up on a few things there.

After Uptown, we headed down Excelsior Blvd. Not sure what this is, but I liked it, so I took a picture:
Nearby was a very new Trader Joe's, so we stopped in. It was super-nice, probably one of the nicest ones we've been in. There were lofts or condos above the store, which would be very dangerous for us to live in....

And then back towards the hotel, we passed the headquarters for Best Buy.
I used to work nearby, and remember when they first started building this several years ago. Was very cool to see the progress all the way to the opening. If I remember correctly, they bought all the houses that used to be here, fenced the whole area in, and demolished everything.

1 Comments:

Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

You're right, they demolished everything for BB: houses, car dealerships, shops.

I'm wndering why Fleet Farm isn't on your tour list? Maybe next time.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home