Tuesday, October 09, 2007

More Oddities

While we were out and about apple picking in Wisconsin, we stopped at one of the local farmer's market: I remembered this place from previous trips with Joe's family, and asked that we add this stop to our itinerary. They just have alot of neat stuff.In addition to pumpkins and other seasonal items like this:...they also have some very amusing items:
The hole in the middle of the alligators is for a glass fish bowl! Now that would be a great conversation piece. And only $74.99!

And, for the "You never know what you will stumble across in your own backyard" file, we found this on the backroads not too far from where we live:
And no, I can't explain it. I did not see the name on the building behind it. I just might make Joe take a road trip with me to find out....

3 Comments:

Blogger Tree said...

LOL fun stuff! That giant man is a Muffler Man. I read about these once. Years ago, you could find them in front of auto repair stores (can't remember which one). I think their arm is bent because they were holding a muffler! Now, you can find them all over the US but they've been repainted. Try Googling them, I'm sure you'll find lots of photos.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL. I simply have no words to respond to this. :-D

12:35 AM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi Tree - a Muffler Man, you say?! Interesting! I Googled them and found they are indeed everywhere! And re-painted into anything and everything! Now I know! Thanks :)

Mike- tell em about it! Imagine driving by it for the first time in the middle of nowhere....! Ha!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home