Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pumpkin Carving with Jeff

Today was Pumpkin Carving Day around here! So, our little 20-pound gourd was brought in from the garage and given center stage on the kitchen table!

For me, the first thing I do is pick out a pattern. I went with the skull. But since the template was too small, my first task was to make a bigger template.
After cutting off the top of the pumpkin (quick poll - what do you do: cut off the top or access from the bottom?), I started carving.
I think it turned out well, but will save the finished version for a Halloween post :)

Meantime, Joe and I both passed the Minnesota driver's license "knowledge test". We still can't believe we had to take a written test to get our licenses here. Every other state just checked our eyes and asked for a check! And the test was long - 36 questions! Sheesh!

We got 32 right. I started freaking out after getting the very first question wrong! Not a real confidence-builder =:o

4 Comments:

Blogger Tree said...

No fair! I wanna see the punkin!

Congrats on the test. 36 questions does seem excessive! I remember ten questions the last time I took the test.

I almost bought a Darth Vader costume for Kenyon today. Almost. LOL

7:41 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Ok, ok....if you insist!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My answer to your poll:
I like cutting from the bottom - not near the mess to clean out, but the top allows the appropriate notch to be cut out to vent the smoke. My kids insist a top cut, if it's just me, it's a bottom cut.

Sometimes the bottom cut also sits funny and slides.

So maybe I'm talking myself into a top cut. Hhhmmm.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - I like the end product by the way! Nice job.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home