Saturday, January 26, 2008

Carnival Time!

Who needs warm weather for a carnival?? Not us, we say! This week started the St. Paul Winter Carnival. And since Joe and I had never been to it before when we lived here, we decided to check it out.

Our primary focus was the ice carving area. These folks can do some amazing things with a bunch of ice blocks!The Wizard of Oz! I hope this one wins.

Even more entertaining was this pair of judges. I'm not sure what gives with their outfits, but they made me laugh:This one was pretty funny as well - snowmen sitting around a fire, with one of them melted.
It was titled "Where's Frank?"

And while it wasn't nearly as cold as earlier in the week, it was still quite chilly. Thankfully, I have my great new hat Joe got me for Christmas!!
I love this hat - it's sooooo warm! No heat will get out of MY head!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tree said...

Very cool! That looks like it was fun. I like the hat :-)

7:15 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I loved,loved those ice sculptures pics. It is neat seeing a picture of you. I have not visited in a long time.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those strange coats are Hudson Bay blanket coats. The Hudson Bay Trading Company created them many, many years ago and the department store The Bay here in Canada still sells the blankets.
And here ends today's history lesson.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hey Tree! It was pretty cool - but I bet it would have been cooler to actually watch! Maybe next year. And the hat? It's da bomb! :)

Hi beverly - i just get better looking every year. just ask me :) hee hee. Thanks for stopping by!

Hola anon- Wow, thanks for the info! I did some research after you posted this and found out all about these. Now I want one! Thanks for the info - an apple to the history teacher! :)

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home