Saturday, July 12, 2008

Heaven....

...is being surrounded by oodles of cute puppies! In this case, dachshund puppies!
Joe and I just happened to stumble across a lady that breeds dachshunds, and she had puppies. This guy is the brother to the guy above, and they were sooo cute and fun to play with.

And yes, that is our camera bag. He really really liked it :p

She also had a relatively new litter of these chocolate dapple rascals:
It was her idea to line them all up for a family picture, not mine. I swear!
3 males and 1 female, about 4 weeks old. She also had 2 other litters that were about 4-5 weeks old. Joe had to drag me out of there. I think the breeder lady was worried I might just never leave.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Ed Tep said...

Jeff - What? You're hanging out with breeders? OMG! I think that Joe better watch out. I am completely amazed that y'all were able to get out of there WITHOUT one of those little cuties in tow.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

How CUTE they are!!! Max needs a playmate, you know!! Suz

5:54 AM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Ed - Joe hasn't checked all my pockets yet.... OMG were they cute :p

Hi Suz - I do think Max would love a playmate. Or 6. It was dachshund-mania!! I nearly cried when it was time to go home... NNOOoooOOooooo!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

You had me in suspense, wondering if you adopted one! Just remember to teach Max that they may squeak when squeezed but that's not a good thing.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

which one did you get (put on reserve)?

7:56 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Oh, alright, I was trying to keep a secret, BUT I CAN'T! You know I could not get out of there without picking one....we put a deposit down on one of the chocolate piebald ones in the last 2 pics. It's the one on the far right. OURS! He's 4 weeks old, so we won't be able to bring him home for another 4 weeks or so. UGH, waiting!! I hate it! Oh well, this gives us time to have a little chat with Max. And to your point, Tree, remind him that squeaking in a real dog is not a good thing....

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Make that chocolate dapple. :) And we already named him :p

9:10 PM  
Blogger Quinn said...

It must have been almost impossible to choose.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh how fun! Yay - can't wait until you get to bring the new furball home. Max will let him know who's boss and teach him the ropes real quick! LOL Looking forward to pictures!! Suz

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home