Saturday, August 12, 2006

30 Days Down!

So! Tomorrow will be 30 days since we signed all the papers and closed on the house here in Maryland - woo! We're still getting settled, but country living takes some getting used to. One of my favorite features of the house is the yard - having over an acre is something I only dreamed of.

Someone else apparently also enjoys his little estate:


Until we get a fence up, we bought a yard stake thingie that we can hook Max up to, with a 40-foot leash. It works pretty well, and he can sit there for the longest time just watching things. Hey! Max!! Over here:


Joe showed me how to start the riding mower today, and I took it for a spin around the yard! When I was growing up, we used to tie round sleds to the back of the lawn mower in winter and drive in circles so we could spin around. We would even build little snow ramps. If I can find a round sled, we are so doing that this winter!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I grew up on over 20 acres. I dream about the day I can have an acreage too! I've moved from about 1/10 of an acre in Dallas to close to 1/4 here, so I'm moving in the right direction!
I love your yard!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

What kind of dog is Max? He's very handsome and I can't believe how white his fur is.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi JJ! Wow, 20 acres - that must have been fun! Joe's family has a large farm (40+ acres) in Minnesota that is so cool. I was pleased we were able to find an acres AND be withiun 15 miles of my office. I didn't think we would, this area has grown so much over the years.

Hi Tree - Max is an American Eskimo. Joe's Mom had one and we got her another to breed several years ago, and were lucky to get one of the offspring! Believe me, his fur does not stay white long - he loves to roll around inthe grass and see how dirty he can get.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That property looks amazing. All that land and the green grass. I dont see that very often here in scottsdale.

The animals will love it! We had 10 acres in the san diego hills awhile back and I dont think the dogs were ever happier. Miss those days.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home