Tuesday, September 19, 2006

2 Great Things In 1 Day!

September 19 is Talk Like A Pirate Day!

So.... ARRRRRRR! Swab the deck!!! ARRRRRR!

In honor of TLPD, I'm posting these pictures from Baltimore last Friday. This ship is docked at the Inner Harbor. There are lots of canons too. I would love to own a canon.And as luck would have it, we saw a pirate and a wench!
Not sure why, but they were wandering around the Inner Harbor area talking like...well...pirates! Maybe they were starting to celebrate TLPD early.

September 19 is also my birthday! Happy Birthday, Me! ARRRR!

My birthday celebration started a little early this year, thanks to Joe. He's really amazing and can plan the best days.He caught me completely off-guard on Friday morning by springing on me that I needed to get ready, as we were leaving! And he wouldn't tell me anything more! So off we went in the car, heading east towards Baltimore. I tried to guess, I tried to weasel info...nothing!

Our first stop was for lunch, at one of my favorite (though certainly not the healthiest!) fast-food places - Long John Silvers!! OOoo, how I love their Chicken Planks! ARRRR! If I were a chicken, my goal would be to become a Long John Silvers Chicken Plank.

From there, we headed to Baltimore's Inner Harbor, where we walked around and checked out the many shops and specialty stores.Then Big Surprise #2 - he ordered tickets to Ride the Ducks! Ha! An hour tour through the streets of Baltimore, and then an hour around the harbor. How cool! Captain Al was our fearless duck-driver: And we got duck noisemakers! I was worse than thet 8-year old behind us. Hee hee.

Note: The best bad pun Captain Al made: while going over some potholes in the street, he said "Sorry for the bumpy ride. Just remember - it's not the Duck's fault...it's the Asphalt." Bwuahahaha! Captain Al also plays alot of polka music.

Note #2: If you look closely, in the mirror behind Captain Al....that's Joe! :)

After the Ducks, Joe "claimed" to have to alter plans a bit, since it was starting to rain. Back in car, with no hints or clues as to where we were going. We arrived at a place call Arrundel Mills, which is a really nice outlet mall. His story was we needed to kill a few hours before heading back to Baltimore. What a snow job.....

The mall itslef was super nice. There was an Egyptian movie theatre unlike anything I'd seen before:And a Bass Pro Shop, which is a lot like Cabella's, if you've ever been there:And then we passed the place called Medieval Times. I couldn't figure out what it was, but it looked neat. I wanted to go over and take a closer look, but Joe told me we could come back to it later, if we had time. I'm such a sucker.

So after 2 trips around the mall, and still no clue what we were doing, we start to head back to where we came from. And as we passed this Medieval Times place, he suddenly went over to the ticket counter and asked for the tickets he reserved.What a sneak-head! Turns out to be a medievil dinner theater/jousting show - with real live horsies, a king's feast (and eating with just your hands - woo!), and yes, jousting! And Joe got us front-row seats :) I'm spoiled rotten.....

Totally, totally cool. We had a great time, and this makes for a great memory of our first adventures in Maryland!

If that's not bad enough, check out Joe's blog for my birthday dinner and birthday cake :) Man, oh man....

7 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

Hope you had a great day! The dinner pics on Joe's blog look awesome.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

You're spoiled rotten.

Can I borrow Joe in the next couple weeks?

10:34 PM  
Blogger Ed Tep said...

Arrrr. Cap'n Jeff, I hope you had a jolly birthday .

12:38 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Happy happy birthday! It sounds like it was a great day!!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Erika W. said...

Sounds like a fantastic day Jeff, happy birthday a day late!

But I'm bummed I missed Talk Like A Pirate Day.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi patti - I had a great day :) That dinner thing was awesome. Now how am I supposed to top that when his birthday rolls around in March??

SK - I prefer "Well Taken Care Of". And there's this thing? Called "Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers!" Ha! As you can see, I get less mature with age....

Hey Ed! ARRRR! Thanks - Joe knows how to spoil me rotten....er...I mean, take care of me really really well.

Hi raisin-hater! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. My boss is still looking for you, by the way....

Hi Erika - thanks! Sorry you missed TLP Day - it's what I look forward to all year! Mark your calendar for next year. It's also ok to start practicing on friends and family now - hee hee. ARRRRR!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

wow. what a day. and what a theater! Happy Birthday and best wishes for the year ahead. A great guy in your life AND a big pantry, who could ask for more? ARRRR, matey.
True story...had an ancestor that was a pirate, was going to be hung in England but managed to escape to Canada and changed his name to Smith!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home