Monday, September 11, 2006

Weekend Warrior

Enough about bugs! On to something much more fun - DEMOLITION!

As we wait for the kitchen cabinets to arrive in a few weeks, I've decided that one project I need to tackle is expanding the pantry. I've watched Flip That House, Flip This House, Weekend Warrior, Property Ladder, and just about everything else on HGTV & TLC, so I am an expert on all things house-related.

The Pantry Project is pretty simple. In theory. We have a closet/pantry off the kitchen in the hall hallway. Next to it is a linen closet. Who needs that? Linens are for sissies. So, I am going to take out the wall in between the exisitng pantry and linen closest, and make a Super Pantry!

This is my canvas!The first thing I did was poke a few holes in the wall to make sure there's nothing major to worry about - pipes, wires, bodies....

Success! That cleared the way for Stage 2:

I decided this was a great stopping point for the weekend. Especially since Joe said something like "You sure that's not a load-bearing wall?"

I've heard of those - are they important? Let me Google that and get back to you next weekend....

So I cleaned up and decided I need to think about this for a few days.

The big question - how long will this take me? I was hoping to have it done before the rest of the kitchen remodel begins, which should be the first week of October. Wager responsibly.

2 Comments:

Blogger MeBeth said...

I think you can make it in time, especially with the prospect of SUPERPANTRY to motivate you!

By the way, um, hope your boss and coworkers didn't get too upset about your tea drinking escapade!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

The good thing about my boss is he forgets all the bad things I do come Treat Day......

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home