Saturday, September 16, 2006

Pantry Project Update

Much to my surprise, I'm making progress on the Pantry Project! This week, we went to work on the other side. But first, I had to relocate all the pantry items throughout the house. Now Joe has to play a little game of hide-and-seek to find where I put everything :)

Note Max in the background - smart enough to keep his distance, but fearful of missing crazy antics, especially ones that might involve maiming and/or hospital visits.

After I got everything happily relocated to new homes throughout the house, I took out the shelves. This was not very difficult. Still, I managed to make several new holes in the pantry walls that will now need to be fixed.


Then I tackled the drywall, and we have breakthrough!

These pesky little 2x4s were next on my list - who needs 'em? This proved to be a great opportunity to use my hammer and circular saw. And with that, we get the fist glimpse of the soon-to-be Super Pantry!


The good news it that so far, the roof hasn't caved in. I'm fairly confident it won't, but will sleep with one eye open tonight.

I hope to do some minor re-framing, drywalling, and painting by the end of the weekend. I suppose I should come up with a design plan for the interior to make the most of the space.

4 Comments:

Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

This is why you took time off of work? I thought you had some crazy pirate themed birthday blowout planned.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Haha - just wait till I tell you what we did yesterday :)

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun-knocking down walls! That's something I've yet to try...I'm not that brave!

7:06 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Wow - you're making quick progress. Hope all goes smoothly and nothing structurally unfortunate happens. I'm still giggling at the thought of Joe foraging for food throughout the house.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home