Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Early Morning Excitement!

There's nothing quite as exciting as waking up at 4:15 am to find police right outside your house! Woo!

As I looked outside, I could see the police car, lights on, but no other cars. Then I spotted the police officer running up the street. My first thought was a raid!

So I popped my head out the front door, and found not a raid, but this!
One of the neighbor's cars was on fire! And it was making little explosions! That was enough to drive me back inside. But within another minute, 2 firetrucks had arrived and those guys had the fire out pretty quickly.
It was hard to get back to sleep after that, and before I knew it, it was time to get up.

First order of business? Pictures!
Boy, that thing was toasted!
So that was our excitement today. No word on the cause yet. We'll have to see if we can get the scoop from some of the neighbors.

2 Comments:

Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

ooh, you didn't mention the burned out car before!
quite exciting, and I'm glad the only impact on you was a short night of sleep.

So be careful, this is what could happen if you get carried away trying to get rid of your squirrel.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

Wow! That's something you don't see every day. Well, at least in Minnesota!
I like the workbench, you did a great job.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home