Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Max's New Friends

In addition to the alpacas on the farm behind our house, there are a bunch of chickens, hens, quail....and these:
Turkeys! There was a nice little group of them wandering around by the alpacas tonight, and Max really wanted to go play with them. They seemed to mock him as he barked, though, and eventually he got tired and decided to just sit and survey his estate:
This is the view of his estate from where he was laying down....not a bad estate for a dog:


Fall TV Shows - The Best In My Opinion


Last year, my favorite show was Two and a Half Men - loved the humor, and the little kid cracked me up. It doesn't seem as funny this season, so I only watch it occassionally now.

So now I'm hooked on Boston Legal . The William Shatner/James Spader/Candice Bergen combo is so funny. Who ever would have thought Shatner could have such a great come back? The role is perfect for him. The addition of the "midget" (their word, not mine!) as his current love interest leaves me laughing out loud.

My other fall favorite is Family Jewels. When I first heard about this "reality" show, featuring KISS legend Gene Simmons and his family, I thought "My gawd, how stupid is that going to be?" Then I stumbled on it one night and started watching - it's actually really funny. His family, especially the kids, do a great job in mocking and humoring him, and his dry wit just makes me laugh.

Anyone have ay favorite shows this season that they recommend?

5 Comments:

Blogger Tree said...

awww. I wish Kenyon had a yard like that. Max is the king of all he surveys! Have you ever been to the Smoky Mountains? Every time I've gone, I've seen wild turkeys, they're fun to watch as Max knows.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

almost forgot...I have no idea what new shows are on this season but I have to watch Lost, Battlestar Galactica and Project Runway (which is over as of last night)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

I second Lost and Battlestar Galactica, they're the only ones I make a point of watching.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Okay, we have a TV but don't get any TV reception. (Thank goodness for videos and DVDs.) This is the second or third time this week I've read about this Boston Legal show. (And I didn't know until now that James Spader is on it!!!!) Must be a sign I need to ask somebody to tape it for me. Hmmmmm. . .

P.S. I can't BELIEVE you keep trying to pawn off that poor, adorable, obviously very happy white fluffy dog! So just how many acres does his new estate comprise? It's really beautiful. He did a great job picking it out. It's nice that he lets you live there with him. Does he charge you very much rent? : )

8:51 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hola Farmgirl! Yes yes yes, you must check it out. If I can figure out a way to transfer it from TIVO to DVD, I will do that. Though me & technology don't mix well. Which is why I work in technology....um...

And re: the fluffy whit edog - you don't have to live with him! (I think Joe says that about me....). He's all yours!

Max's estate is a little over an acre. He really likes it, and loves to run around like a nut. He also patrols the fence to make sure the squirrels don't sneak in through the wire mesh.

Max is very generous and lets us live here rent-free, so long as he (a) gets treats on a regular basis and (b) gets a tummy-rub at least once a day.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home