Monday, October 02, 2006

What The Heck Is This One?

I think Maryland must be some haven for scary spiders:

Joe pointed this one out when I got home today. We have no idea what it is, but it looks very scary.... and deadly! It's even scarier on the other side, but I couldn't get a good picture (and I wasn't about to touch it or get within 2 feet!). I'll have to do some research, but if anyone has any idea what this is, let me know!

Spider Update: My research finds that this is Argiope aurantia, a black & yellow garden spider. So I don't think it will kill me.

While we were waiting for the kitchen contractor to come out this afternoon, I snapped this pic of Joe:

He always does such a nice job of mowing the lawn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tree said...

A friend sent me pictures of one of those spiders in her yard, she and her daughter fed it bugs. Not my idea of a good time but who am I to judge?
Who knew Maryland was so dangerous? Alpacas, spiders, oh my!
The fence looks so nice!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Erika W. said...

According to my Grampa, those spiders are great for your garden. They get rid of the unwanted bugs that eat garden plants... I still think they're creepy though.

2:21 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

That's one fantastic lawn - you guys could set up your own soccer field!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home