Friday, December 08, 2006

Around Town

I took my camera with me to work today, just so I could take a picture of this on the way home!


I'm dubbing it the Town Tree, because (a) it's on the corner intersection of the 2 main streets - and the only stoplight - in Jefferson, and (b) well, because it's the only big tree decorated. I'm guessing the bank, which is the building on the right, sponsors this festivity. Apologies for the blurry pictures; it was not easy driving and snapping.

Jefferson is indeed a 1-stoplight town. There are 2 banks, 3 churches, a post office, an Archery Shop, a butcher, and a bakery (which is currently for sale). And that's about it. It's also an unincorporated town. We've never lived in an unincorporated town before. It's certainly different. Good in many ways, challenging in others.

I also snapped this one on the way home:

I call it Cows On A Hill. I drive by them every day on the way to work. During the warmer months, there are usually several cats on that tin roof, sunning themselves. Which, of course, I call Cats On A Hot Tin Roof. Haha. Now if I can only get a picture next year....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow watch out! Jeff's driving and taking photos! Yikes!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Be scared - be very scared!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home