Tuesday, October 31, 2006

FAME ON THE FARM!

So! My very good friend, Farmgirl Susan over at Farmgirl Fare, has finally given in to the powers of persuasion (some may call it year-long pestering, but they are just jealous), and named a farm animal after me!
Meet Studly Do-Right Jefferson, a.k.a. Studly Jeff! A fine-looking devil, indeed. Between you and me, I was always worried she would name a chicken after me. Not that there is anything wrong with chickenz, of course. We love chicken! Soup! Er...I mean...real live chickenz!

This is clearly one of the highlights of 2006. So thank you, Farmgirl Susan!

4 Comments:

Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

About that sheep that you were helping over the fence (ahem).

I still can't bring myself to finish what I started to say earlier today.

Is it possible that the sweater I buy next year could be from Jeff? Or the next lamb chop could be son-of-Jeff? That's creepy.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jeff!

I was there visiting when farmgirl Susan came up with "the name" and I voted wholeheartily for it!

I loved both yours and farmgirl's posts about Studly Jeff!

Missed you in Baltimore. We were in Shenandoah National Park for 2 nights then Baltimore playing grandparents for 4 days.

Farmgirl's Mum

P.S. When I was at the farm, Farmgirl showed me Joe's blog. Heck with the little white dog, I want Joe!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

This is so great! And, having seen your photo here on your blog, I have to say the "studly" part of the name works for you and the sheep!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Oh, SK....

Hi FG's Mum! It's always a pleasure having you stop by :) Thank you for your vote I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when Susan came up with the name and share it - hahaha! Sorry we missed you in Baltimore - we've spent the last 2 weekend paitning as part of this (damn) kitchen remodel! We would have loved the company (ok, we would have loved the painting help - hwo are you with cutting in? Ceilings?) And HANDS OFF MY JOE! >< He is petty darn incredible though :)

Hi Tree! Aww, shucks...stop! No, I take that back. Go on!! :p

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home