Thursday, November 02, 2006

How the hell many bugs are there....?

When I went to take out the trash yesterday, I found this monster sitting outside the garage:

My first guess is a cicada, though all the other ones I've ever seen were brown, and had transparent wings. Anyone know their bugs?

In an unrelated note, I think the end of the kitchen remodel is near. I long for the day where we don't have anyone in our house for hours, and we aren't waiting for someone to either show up or call.

So, Max did his best to make me smile - he came over and gave me one of his best happy-faces:


I think he is saying "Can I please go live on Farmgirl Susan's farm?"

6 Comments:

Blogger Tree said...

I'm amazed at the bugs you find on your doorstep!
Max is so adorable, I'm surprised how much he looks like my Kenyon, he's like an all-white version of him!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I came over from Farmgirl's site (CONGRATS BTW). I've enjoyed reading about your big move (oh and lots of recipes for me to try at Joe's)! SuzinVA

6:06 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi tink - thanks for delurking :p I have several folks at the office who confirm your Katydid remark. So, I'm going with it. Thanks for the link. I never heard of a katydid....what next?!?

Hi Tree - thanks for stopping by. You're telling me - there are bugs everywhere! And ones I've never seen! Gah! If you would like Max, I can mail him to you. Hee hee.

Hi Suzanne - thanks! I'm so excited and proud of my sheep! Joe does make some amazing things, and how lucky am I to get to taste it all!!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

LOL pack that little sweetie up with cheese puffs and send him to me!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Max has to be the most photogenic dog ever! But do you have as hard a time as I do keeping a white dog clean?

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi Tracy -

Yes, we do. Especially since his favorite thing to do is go outside and roll in the grass (and whatever else he can find out there!) several times, knowing that I am watching him from inside and cursing because he knows it drives me crazy.....

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home