Monday, May 15, 2006

Hawt Stuff!

And this time, I'm not talking about me! (though I could be, of course....):

By 11:30 this morning, it was 103 outside! Summer sure comes quick in these parts. And it seems like once it tops 100, it stays above 100. Forver.

The next 10 days are all forcasted to be 101-104. They say it's a dry heat. Well, no shit. It's 103 - of course it's dry.

Dog Update: Grandma (my Mom) lets Max and Spike use the computer now and then. We got this from Spike the other day:

Dear Dads,

SOS! You did not tell me that the temperature gets down to 40 degrees...I almost froze yesterday on my morning walk! Either come and pick me up or send my coat...Max has all that wild hair but I'm practically naked.

Hope you guys enjoy the 100 degree temps, while I'm sitting here catching a chill in good ole PA. Did you buy our house yet???

Granmda says to look at the Sharon Herald headlines today, Sniper attack right here in Hermitage.

We're getting Granmda and David pretty well trained. Only thing is Grandma forgot me yesterday morning. Went to work without taking me out side. She remembered Max but not me, I was very hurt, I pouted a little and got two meaty bones and a beef rawhide. Hahha.

Love Spike

PS -Max says hi

My response:

Dear Spike -

Hi! I miss you, though Daddy Joe does not. He says you have enough lard to keep you warm, so toughen up! I know, I was shocked to hear him say it as well. We all know you are just big-boned, and we love you just as you are.

It's hot here today - you would not like it. 101, and it will be 103 on Mother's Day. Tell Max we saw the biggest salamander yet in the back yard! It was on the patio. I heard Daddy Joe say "Holy sh*t!" and then he pointed to it. It was HUGE! I think it was looking for Max, asking if he could come out to play. Maybe we'll see if it's willing to relocate with us.....

We didn't realize we were placing you smack in the middle of a sniper area! Stay low and keep your head down!

How could Grandma forget about? Maybe we should ask her to tie a string around her finger, or put a sticky note on the door that goes outside. Maybe she just likes Max better? I'd watch her carefully. I don't think the answer was 2 meaty bones and a rawhide though. We'll need to have another talk with Grandma tomorrow.

No, we have not bought a house yet. But we have an agent ready to show us lots of houses when we're in Maryland in a week! I know - grass.

The vet says hi. They miss you. Daddy Joe and I stopped by yesterday to pick up some more of your arthritis pills, which we put in the mail to Grandma today.

Daddy starts his new job on Monday. Many of the people I'll be working with remember you from our days in Frederick, and are very pleased to hear you are still with us. They can't wait to see you!

Oh well, Daddy Joe and I have to go get the house ready for a showing this afternoon. We'll be glad when that is done! Be happy you are with Grandma and we don't have to keep throwing you in a car every time someone wants to come see the house!

Tell Miss Kitty we said hello. And tell Max to stop rolling around in the grass and make sure he remembers his manners.

Stay warm!

Love, Daddy Jeff & Daddy Joe.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home