Saturday, May 06, 2006

Trip Pictures - Day 2

Also known as "Oh my gawd, what the f*#$ are we doing?" Day....

Day 2 was hard, at least for me. We got into Elk City at 10:30 pm local time on Day 1, after driving 12 hours, and had to get up at 5:30 am on Day 2 to start the next leg - another 12 hours. I'm sure at this point that Spike and Max began to realize this was no little trip to the Vet....

The good news is we got to see a really pretty sunrise as we drove across Oklahoma:
Our plan for Day 2 was t o go across Oklahoma, up into Missourri, through Illlinois, and stop just short of Indianapolis. Note that the idiot who forgot to factor in the 2 time zone changes on Day 1, also forgot to factor in the time zone change on Day 2.

This was a rest area somewhere in Oklahoma along I-40:
I thought it was pretty cool.

When you are stuck in a car for a long period of time, you start to look for fun and interesting things along the way. You also begin to get senile and think everything you see is funny and worthy of a picture. Exhibit A:
Anyhow, remember the moron that forgot the time zone changes? He or she (that's to throw you off) also timed things perfectly to make sure we got to St. Louis right at the peak of rush hour:
I did take pictures of the St. Louis Arch, but they turned out very blurry, so use your imagination.....

We finally crossed the Mississippi River....

...and entered Illinois. At this point, I must have lost interest, because the next picture on file is the "Welcome to Ohio!" sign.

We skirted up across Illinois, and over to Cloverdale, Indiana, a small town just before Indianapolis.

I have to say, we stayed at Holiday Inns in Elk City and Cloverdale, and I was pleasantly surprised at both. We chose them because they were pet-friendly and relatively inexpensive. If we ever do this again (and I swear, WE WON'T!!), I'd stay at either one of them again.

We lugged Max, Spike and Kitty into the hotel around 8:30 local time, and called it a day. Only 1 more leg and we'd be at my Mom's house. Hallelujah!

11 Comments:

Blogger Little Mama said...

Sounds like you were not far from my neck of the woods. Well, have a very safe trip and have fun!!!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Harry and Eddie said...

Jeff, Thanks for the birthday wishes to Eddie. Wow, we passed by that very same overhead oasis along I-40 in Oklahoma on our way to Eureka Springs, AR. I didn't realize you guys would be leaving quite so soon. Best of luck.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey Jeff! I believwe the McD's is on I-44 in NE Oklahoma. At least, if you went up through Tulsa and into Missouri, you were on I-44.

Good luck on your next house hunting trip!

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home