Monday, May 29, 2006

We're Back!

Whew! Now that was a trip.

If you've been following Joe's blog, you know we've been all over the place the last week and a half - Minnesota for his sister's wedding, then Maryland for work and house hunting. We just got back this morning.

We had a little free time while in Minneapolis, so we ventured over to our old stomping grounds:

The Mall of America! It's still HUGE! So huge, in fact, that this ferris wheel easily fits inside:

LEGOLAND is still there, too. It's very interactive, and great for the kids. I'm saying this as if we had kids. We don't. But if we did, I would take them there. Let them break someone else's toys, I say!

Anyhow, I made this while the younger kids made tiny little race cars:

What? I could have.....

The biggest change from when we were there last about 3 years ago, was that Camp Snoopy is no longer Camp Snoopy - it now called:


Apparently the Mall and the Schultz family could not reach agreement on a new licensing contract, so they had to rename the park.

We miss the big mall. It has prety much everything. And now an IKEA opened right next door. Oh, and Joe is none to pleased to have learned that a Penzey's opened within a few miles of our old house in Farmintgon, MN. Jerks.

4 Comments:

Blogger MeBeth said...

Wow - I would be totally overwhelmed by such a big mall, I'm a terrible shopper! I can understand Joe's sadness about the Penzey's - maybe they'll open one in Maryland near your new home?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

Tourist!

Ok, I did laugh at the Lego dino comment.

After awhile, you realize it's just a soul sucking mall with all the stores you see at every other mall, it's just that they're all at one place.

Can you tell I'm just anti-shopping in general? But you should come here and spend more money, maybe help buy a stadium for a billionaire.

Did you find a house yet?

9:15 PM  
Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Hi mebeth - who cares about shopping, there are so many places to eat!! Hee hee. We had a chance to grab something at Wolfgang Puck Express, which was not there before!

Hey SK - yeah yeah. You should have seen us when we got the ride the light rail! I took pictures of that too. Consider yourself lucky though - you shoudl see the malls in Frederick, MD.....

I did my damage in Minnesota - I voted for Jesse Ventura. Bwuahahaha! OOoo, did I just admit that? Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time. And I was new to the state. And drunk. That's my story.

No house yet, but 2 we really liked. We're heading back on Saturday for the week, so we decided to wait and see if anything new comes on the market before we decide.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Urdarbrunnr said...

Whatever house you buy would look even better with llamas. They'd be a nice toy for the dogs, or maybe the other way around.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home